Text Messaging in India
|Two Way SMS Support||Supported|
To send and receive SMS in India, you need a sender ID, credits and user license. Sender ID for India can be virtual phone number or DLT registered alphanumeric sender IDs.
Virtual Phone Numbers are used for sending and receiving SMS and they are typically used for sending person-to-person communication like appointment reminders, alerts, and announcements. That means you may use it to send messages to customers, employees, and other individuals with an interest in your business.
Alphanumeric Sender IDs (DLT registration required)- Use a custom name as the sender ID instead of a phone number for your outbound SMS. it can be used for outgoing SMS only. On these sender IDs, incoming cannot be received.
Please talk to our expert before choosing type of sender ID.
SMS pricing is based on the destination and type of message you’re sending. Text messages are charged 1 credit per segment of 160 characters outgoing SMS.
Outgoing SMS price per credit- $0.053
Incoming SMS price- Free
1 Virtual Phone Number price – $200/month (Good for 10 SMS per second)
1 Alpha Numeric Sender ID price – $2/month (Good for 10 outgoing SMS per second)
Text Messaging Cloud customers, including their end-users and clients, must comply with applicable laws and regulations.
The following are some general best practices:
- Get opt-in consent from each end-user before sending any communication to them, particularly for marketing or other non-essential communications.
- Only communicate during an end-user’s daytime hours unless it is urgent.
- SMS campaigns should support HELP/STOP messages, and similar messages, in the end-user’s local language.
- Do not contact end-users on do-not-call or do-not-disturb registries.
- Sending gambling related content is strictly prohibited.
Want to see it in action?
No credit cards for trial | No contracts | Pay on the Go | Cancel Anytime